Addiction Counseling Seminars & Workshops
Drug and alcohol addiction is a disease that affects millions of Canadians and their families each year. Addiction can take many different forms – it is ultimately the compulsion to use drugs or alcohol to create positive feelings, or to avoid negative ones.
At my Toronto clinic I offer individual counseling as well as Addiction Counseling Seminars and Workshops. At these workshops I work with participants to break the cycle of addiction. Whether you are a daily user or just want to seek some support, we have the workshop for you. It’s never too early or too late to seek help through Addiction Counseling.
- Do you have a persistent desire to cut down or control your drug use?
- Are you consuming larger amounts over a longer period of time?
- Do you spend a great deal of time obtaining, using, or recovering from the drug’s effects?
- Are important social, occupational, or recreational activities being affected because of your drug use?
- Consuming alcohol frequently on your own, or attempting to hide your drinking
- Are you continuing your drug use despite knowledge of a persistent or recurring physical or psychological problem caused or exacerbated by drug use?
If you answered YES, I can help!
Through Addiction Counseling Workshops, I use a multi-dimensional approach to assess the underlying causes of addiction. Together, we will look at the biological, psychological and social factors that keep individuals in their addiction. I will show you how to identify your strengths, weaknesses and solutions for recovery. There are many roadblocks that prevent those struggling with addiction from achieving their goals. By creating an individual approach, we can identify these roadblocks and create solutions together.
Some solution-focused models I will show you are:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioral therapy (CBT)
- 12-step Recovery
Finding the right tools for the individual is essential to their recovery. Toronto is home to a number of resources that can compliment any treatment plan. I will show you how to access these resources and can help expedite the process of making use of these great programs.